Tuesday 15 April 2014

Getting a haircut (not the salary kind)

Save! $6.20 per trip to the barber and if cut your hair once a month, that's $74.40 a year!

The long and the short of it
Mainly for those who don't need a VIP treatment for their tresses.
Get your haircut or trimmed at Snip Avenue. $3.80 haircuts. Nuff' said.

Local tips!
Plan your trip. Head down during your off days in the weekday mornings or afternoons cos the quene can get quite busy in the evenings and weekends. Otherwise, bring a book or something.

-------------------------

If you need a simple haircut, nothing beats Snip Avenue now for their price. It's a cheap ass $3.80. 

Nothing is cheaper except maybe the Tekong barber.
Image taken from Alanchow76's Blog



I've been getting my hair cut there for about a year now and it's saved me quite a bit. I used to the go for those QB House types which used to cost $10 and now cost $12! So this is saving me quite a bit.

Pros:
- Cheap. Damn cheap. Cannot be cheaper cheap.- Many branches

Cons:
- Only for a simple haircut. Any other hair treatments etc will be costly. So go there for simple haircuts. Nothing more. (Sorry girls!)
- Long queues during peak hours and they will pick to allow the high value customers go first which is understandable. They need to make money too. So go during the off peak hours hor or be prepared to wait.
- Messy. So go have a haircut and be prepared to head home to bathe. 

Update!
Just got my haircut there and one more thing to take note. Be very clear you're just there for a haircut. The hairdresser I was assigned to was quite pushy and kept saying I had an oily scalp and thinning hair at the top of my head to scare me into getting a shampoo or hair products.

Be firm but polite. Just nod and say "uh" Get your hair cut and leave. $3.80 gotta face some hard selling for the price lah.

Their branches can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment